Video Won't Play ?
1) If you have problems watching stations such as no video and audio only or other problems, please be sure you have installed :Microsoft Media Player
2) Just like a TV set, live Internet television depends on the origin and not on the software that displays the TV images. Some stations can be off line due to their servers' overload or Internet traffic jams. Not all stations have a 24 Hours schedule. If you are receiving error messages on certain station please try later. The video quality is dependent on the broadcaster's own bandwidth; the higher the bandwidth, the better the video quality you will receive.
3) Make sure your copy of the Free Internet TV is up to date.
4) Some Firewalls (used in Networks) make it impossible to receive streaming media. Ask your Networkadministrator for more info.
5) Sometimes channels will become unavailable because the company producing it will take it off the air for either the short term or long term. When you are unable to view a channel and have tried everything above please help out all of us by reporting the channel as bad through e-mail.
6) Order the full version of Free Internet TV and get the latest channel database automatically
Q: Why I need Microsoft Media Player ?
A: Because Free Internet TV uses the system of decoding of both programs to present the television signals.
Q: Error message "Interface not supported".
A: Please download the latest version of Microsoft Media Player
Q: Some stations are not as clear as others, is something wrong?
A: The video quality is dependent on the broadcaster's own bandwidth; the higher the bandwidth, the better the video quality you will receive.
Q: Buffering - The stations I listen to, are always stopping and starting.
A: The buffering can not be avoided to an extent. The buffering can
be attributed to your Modem connection, your ISP, the Internet traffic
in general, and the station broadcasting. The most likely culprits
are Internet traffic and the station's server being overloaded. Doing
other Internet intensive work may increase buffering as well.
Q: Error message "Debugger
detected! please close it down and restart."
A: This error is caused by DivX 5.1. The issue you have mentioned is a bug in this release of the DivX codec. The codec is actually what`s showing the error, because it is mistakenly detecting debuggers in your PC. You can uninstall DivX 5.1 and revert to DivX 5.05, and you will no longer have this problem. An other way is to uninstall DivX codec and install Xvid codec instead. use the following link to get Xvid codec: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html
Q: How do I exit Full Screen mode?
A: To exit Full Screen mode, use the [ESC] ("escape") key on your keyboard.